Girl’s Samsung Galaxy S4 cellphone catches fire under her pillow

samDALLAS – A Texas teen was woken up by her cellphone in the middle of the night and it wasn’t because she had set the alarm to go off by mistake.

Ariel Tolfree had a rude awakening after she placed her Samsung Galaxy S4 under her pillow before going to sleep. The 13-year-old’s “high-tech” phone caught fire and it was burnt to the point where it is barely recognizable.

The phone does come with the following warning: “Covering the device with bedding, your body, thick clothing or any other materials that significantly affect air flow may affect the performance of the phone and poses a possible risk of fire or explosion, which could lead to serious bodily injuries or damage to property.”

In addition to the phone, all of the other damaged items will be replaced by Samsung.  More

Share the Knowledge:
Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on LinkedInEmail this to someonePin on Pinterest