IT consulting companies, first and foremost, enable businesses to focus on their key functions. When non-professionals undertake the task of setting up and maintaining IT systems, it is likely to consume more time, which could have been used on strategizing and improving revenues. Besides, it may even result in a sub-standard information technology setup, prone to frequent breakdowns. According to the US Consumer Report for 2006, an astounding $7.8 billion was spent during 2004-2006 on computer repairs and replacements, due to breakdowns.
Key Services Offered by IT Consulting Companies
IT consulting companies enable businesses to maximize the IT returns on investment by tailoring their IT services to the organization’s needs. Some key managed IT services provided by IT consultants are:
- Server and application support
- Local Area Network (LAN) administration
- Anti-virus solutions
- Wireless solutions
- Web hosting
These services are vital to ensure smooth flow of information within as well as outside the organization, while ensuring confidentiality of key information. In the absence of such managed IT services, the entire organizational communication and administration will surely tumble.
Reviewing IT Consulting Companies: Factors to Consider
The first step in selecting an IT consulting company is to assess the current requirements of the business. This entails establishing the level and range of services required. For instance, some organizations only require basic IT monitoring, while others need a more extensive IT systems audit.
Some other key factors to bear in mind while choosing an IT consultant are:
- The business expansion plan: This is because the IT systems will also need to be upgraded accordingly. Ensure that the IT consulting company is capable of managing a greater work load.
- The supplier experience: This includes reviewing the past work done by the IT consultant. Good IT consulting companies have a strong presence across various industries and a high referral rate.
- Training: Good IT consulting companies train the organizational staff in managing the system themselves after the installation. Additional training of the staff about IT systems is also crucial for accommodating company growth.
The services of an IT consulting company are instrumental for innovation, which is an outcome of shared knowledge through collaborative communication. Besides, an IT consultant helps to maintain the status quo, through IT integration of new technologies and applications.
Visit www.percentotech.com if you seek the services of an established IT consulting company. Percento Technologies provides IT system solutions for numerous industries, from accounting and banking to construction, healthcare and real estate. The company also boasts an 89% plus customer referral rate.